Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hole in the Wall Burger Joint

Living in Los Angeles this last year has opened me up to a lot of new wonders, especially with food. Back home with my family (which is only 35 minutes east of LA) the only thing you can have delivered is pizza, in LA you can have almost anything delivered. And another great thing is that most places that you need are in walking distance or a short drive. 

Today, I barely had anything to eat because I was in a rush to drive back to LA for class. After class I got Starbucks and looked through yelp for something new to try. I found Hole in the Wall Burger Joint (yes! that's it's name). It had really good reviews so I decided to try it. It was only a 5 minute drive from my apartment.

It's like a subway (almost) for burgers. When you walk in, instead of ordering your food by telling the employee what you want, there's a table with a bunch of slips of paper to mark down exactly what you want.



You choose your "protein" ($8.95). Your bun (they even have pretzel buns - which I tried and loved). What you want on it, some cost a $1 more each, others are free to add on. Fries are about $2.75 (regular or sweet potato). And they also have drinks, of course.



I ordered a burger, with provolone cheese, avocado, tomato, red onion, chipotle mayo (yummy!), and sweet potato fries. I think this burger was the biggest burger I've ever had. The fries were good as well. my total came out to $13 and some change. A big pricey, but in my opinion the quality was good. :]


No comments:

Post a Comment